Sunday, December 5, 2010

THE ME OF TOMORROW

Breathe in.
Breathe out.

Repeat.

Sometimes it is tough to know where to jump into a story. You have to have enough energy and focus to make it to the relevant ending. The reveal. The payoff.

I don't think I have that kind of energy tonight, but I thought I would get started and see.

One of books I am perusing and pursuing is Buddha's Brain: The Practical Science of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom. I do take these things with a mine of salt, but when something strikes you as true, then it might well be true for you.

This was a concept that was utterly shocking to me:

"It's a general moral principle that the more power you have over someone, the greater your duty is to use that power benevolently. Well, who is the one person in the world you have the greatest power over? It's your future self. You hold that life in your hands, and what it will be depends on how you care for it."


I had never considered anything even remotely along these lines.

Now, I am going to sleep, because the me of tomorrow needs some serious rest.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. Buddha' Brain is so interesting because you can open it to any page and it is like a crazy oracle. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...