Sunday, December 19, 2010

CATCH AS CATCH CAN

Coming to you from the Citibank Parking Lot on Piedmont Avenue in Oakland, sitting right next to the Oakland Public Library Piedmont Branch. Yes, in the car. Couldn't find a place to park to get into an internet cafe.

Listening to Aretha, bien sur, rocking out to Rock, Steady.

Thoughts thoughts thoughts. So intense, as always to be here in Oakland and Berkeley and to see the life I didn't live. I feel so much more at home here than just about anywhere else, although I have no home here. When I happened to glance at the window as we were about to land, the thought, "I'm home!" popped into my head. That doesn't happen when Iand in LA or JFK.

Lots of emotion. Lots of good friends. Lots of catching up. I am trying to really take it all in, absorb, and reflect.

These friends go back decades. It will be interesting, after all that has happened to me in the last two years, to see what walk I walk and what talk I talk. How will I tell my stories? Who will I be? Who am I now?

1 comment:

  1. so would love to know what walk you walked and talk you talked and how you told your stories, I am sure you were at least interesting if not familiar.

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...