Wednesday, August 31, 2011

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER STEP

2:30 PM
Some days are appreciably more difficult than others. There is nothing, really, to make today painful but the weight and the dread are back. I have some errands and such to run before I leave town tomorrow and I am not facing them with any joy or enthusiasm. Schroon Lake seems like a critical sanctuary at this point. My own hidey hole?

That damn squirrel is back. He somehow made it into the bathroom. Cooder was stalking him if not chasing him.

10:53 PM
Things accomplished. Heart slightly lighter. Still many things to accomplish before I head out of town.

Cooder stalked a baby mouse. I was sitting here at my desk, when I heard a faint, strange miaou. I looked over to the living/bedroom and there was Cooder with a tail out of one side of her mouth. She had a good time with the mouselette but eventually lost it.

This evening, I found it or another one stuck in the kitchen sink. Poor thing must have fallen in, as it could not climb stainless steel walls. I brought Cooder in for a consult, but she was more interested in play than in extermination. John came down, caught it, and put it outside. It was so damn cute, it was beyond either of us to flush it down the toilet or bash it. Really, really cute.

I spent some time stalking new kittehs on line. I think Cooder will be okay with kittens or young kittehs. She still likes to play.

Another day, another step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...