Wednesday, August 17, 2011

MOUSEHUNTING AND MORE

 Why yes! That is the mouse hunter on the job.  I decided to make her job a bit easier by moving some mouse hiding areas. 



All very exciting, I am sure.

So those of you who are worried about Miep. I called her vet, who called me back. We put her back on the antibiotics she had been on before. I should have a little more money in a couple of weeks, and at that time be able to take her in for a urinalysis which will give us more specific information and then perhaps another course of antibiotics.

I gave her the first dose this afternoon and she is already slightly perkier. This is good news. Hopefully, she has something that can be treated. Not really ready to lose her yet.

And talk about mother-daughter bonding! I convinced my mom to let me try to help her troubleshoot her Mac long distance. Karma-wise, I owe some computer aid/support out there. For decades, I relied on my bosses and friends to do everything.

Instead of getting frustrated, I chose to see the positive that Ma was willing to hang in there and keep trying things. Fighting her phobia! I'm probably learning some things, too.

And here are some photos of plants that are already checking out.




B and I were in the park the other evening. She gasped, looking off into the distance. I followed her gaze to a tree already quite yellow. Really.

This is the first time I have lived quite so close to a tree, as I nearly sleep in it. I have never observed their life cycle so closely. I can see the leaves starting to lose some of their vitality. They're slightly droopy and the ends are rather curly. I just thought they turned in a day and fell off. Silly human.

Mighty hunter napping for night's work.



Non-working cat of leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...