Wednesday, August 10, 2011

RECALCITRANT REFRIGERATOR

It really must be a side-effect of alcohol. After a couple of days of grumpiness, I woke today with no external changes, but in a good mood, feeling hopeful and productive about the world. Maybe it was the rain last night, washing me psychically clean. A comfortable, almost leisurely night's sleep (a true nocturnal rarity) followed by an ambient summer mid-morning. Breezy with cicadas buzzing, even here in Brooklyn.
Salted caramel scoop on top, belgian chocolate



The grumpiness was anxiety tinged with a bit of fear. The unemployment is running out and I am still struggling with the major resume overhaul. As many people know, worrying about their day to day well-being, not even well-being, okay-being, takes a toll. We dreamy creative American types ...
Iron forge, CT.
Well, that train of thought was thoroughly lost. 


Nice bricks, right?
Later that same day:

Saturday night's alcohol consumption affected my ability to photograph.
The Connecticut Junket 2 was postponed for a better day. Out of the blue, I got a telephone call about a one-day live action producing gig, which will be fun (?) if it happens. Just to relive the excitement of having a telephone call asking about my availability was a rush. 

I used to make a lot of music mixes. That was my main hobby. For many years I have been associated with an amazing group of folks who make phenomenal mixes. I've heard a lot and learned ever more. 
(Old mixes can be seen here . New site, more mixes: here and here.) 

But I have several that were almost finished, some of them being gifts. Don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly absorbed and content while prepping mixes, but the responsible part of me goes to a different apartment or something. At any rate, I was sidetracked into finishing the notes, compressing, uploading, and all that kind of stuff. Kept me occupied for hours. And that's why I don't do it so much anymore. Or as often. 

I have important things to do, learn html for instance. That refrigerator will not clean itself, no matter how long I have wished it to.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...