Sunday, August 14, 2011

SOME WILDERNESS

I just couldn't do this yesterday. Focus was not part of my being, really. I drove down Park Avenue which was closed for some jock event. The policeperson who stopped me was nearly in shock at my missing the signs, but kindly in the end. I found a parking place on Lexington, bought my parking ticket, left it in the machine and walked away. Fortunately, I remembered in time to go back and buy another one, thereby spending $6.00 instead of $85.00.

AND, I did the yeoman's work of spending two hours on the telephone with my 80-plus-years-old Mom trying to troubleshoot her (likely dying) iMac. Not quite a case of the blind leading the fucked, but not too far off. So I eschewed all writing and took to bed at a reasonable hour.

The rain poured like a stream this morning. Before I opened my eyes, it was easy enough to think I had fallen asleep in some wilderness. Kind of great, really. Another benefit of my window so near the street. I had the leafy canopy to look at as well, and if not for the ultimate comfort of down beneath me from head to toe, I could imagine I might be camping.

At any rate, there is much writing to catch up on, but I need to complete my annihilation of the fly breeding ground I discovered in my trash area. I just had to take a break from it. And who wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...