Wednesday, August 3, 2011

THIS WILL HAVE TO DO

Just couldn't do it last night. A dear old friend, SC, was in town from Marin County and wanted to see Brooklyn. I took him over to Prospect Park where Sufjan Stevens was playing a concert at the Bandshell (not a three dollar show). I even let him see the Secret Fortress although it is not up to visitors at the moment. SC is a music fan, so I had to share the cd collection. After a yummy dinner at Scalina followed by chocolate and wine at Chocolat Bar, I was likely to be ramblin' more than writin'.

New York summer fashion is something to behold. I hadn't been on the subway for awhile, so the colors and all popped out at me. There's a lot of flesh around.

Every picture is worth a thousand words?




2 comments:

  1. Love those open air concerts! Remember seeing them in LA and San Francisco in my distant youth. Your subway photos remind me of Virginia Woolf saying a writer needed to ride the omnibus and write her observations of people in a little notebook. I have my apartment complex and the rec center to observe (and the bus if my car breaks down!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you tell Naveen there was a Sufjan Stevens concert near you.. I may be able to get him to come back to the east coast. For a visit. :)

    And yea, those white flower sandals are really somethin on those feet. :)

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...