Tuesday, August 16, 2011

COODER DOES HER DUTY

I just checked my spam blocker and found this message: Are you qualified to work from home?


Wait! Do I really have to think about that? I guess I could have taken the quiz, but I spend enough time in self-doubt. I should just go forward.

Sleep has been tough for about the last five or six nights, unless it is between 4:00-7:00 pm. Then I am out like a light. I try to stay awake then, hoping that I will fall asleep at a reasonable hour, anything before 2:00 am would be good. Success in sleeping is eluding me.

I am not tossing and turning worried about every mistake I have made in my life nor my immediate future (and, you know, that is fairly worrisome). That lovely freefall into utter relaxation does  not happen, even when I have not been on the computer for a couple hours. The breathing Susannah taught me helps, but does not put me to sleep entirely.

Cooder has been stepping up her cat duties, planted in the mouseway in the kitchen. This pleases me, but means no furry purry company to set a sleeping example. We all make sacrifices.

Miep has me worried. She's still moving around, but she is not jumping on the bed nor bossing me around as she does when she is feeling good. How to get some health care for her without spending the money I don't have? As she responded well to the antibiotics a little while back, I am hopeful that it is something treatable. John and Mel spent so much money on Tupie and I just can't afford any of that.

Just low level worrying: rodents and bugs in the kitchen, a sick kitty, world economic crisis, gulag weather, personal economic hardship, ... sheesh.

Wasn't feeling well today either. Felt like that stress cold/virus that I host was about to take over again this morning. I immediately took some zinc and vitamin C and took it easy today. I did try to work on Big Science, but I wasn't very smart or interested in much.

Tonight I will take some benadryl and hope that knocks me out. So glad Cooder is on duty in the kitchen, keeping crawly and scampering enemies at bay. And I also hope she doesn't catch anything and bring it to me in bed.

2 comments:

  1. MMM. Sounds like the dreams I have been having lately. Are we separated at birth? Wondering do they have health clinics for cats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the only positive thing about a catless apartment is that the insects are losing interest in the kitchen with no catfood bowl to nibble on and no water dish to swim in. Also I have cleaned some hard to reach areas they congregated in that Cosmo liked to take refuge in towards the end. I didn't take Cosmo in for vet care due to no $. Of course the vet tech teaching colleague said that at 18-19, I was probably better off with no invasive treatment. I did get some pointers from a friend who volunteers for hospice which proved surprisingly helpful considering that she works with humans. Had a mouse in my old apartment that survived living in an apt. with two cats. Only died when the place was fumigated. At least it's offering Cooder some entertainment.

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...