Sunday, August 14, 2011

ONE DAY AT A TIME, WOT?

Sunday, Sunday. Can't trust that day.

In general, it was not a bad day, after waking up to that rain which has steadily fallen all day.

I kilt the fly nursery, going so far as to Windex the kitchen garbage container. All clean in that corner. But before I could feel good about that, I saw a mousey again. Sigh. Vermin. I know this is due to that construction, but there seems to be a path for mouse migration directly across my counter and into the stove. Cooder had moved to her favorite living room chair and shows no interest in mousing. Given that Mousey lives somewhere in the environs of the stove, I cannot blame Cooder for her relative lack of interest.

And I fear Miep is failing. She was better after that dose of antibiotics, but, although her mood is good, she is eating and miaowing, she is spending too much time under her chair. I think maybe it is kidney failure. And I've less than no money, at this moment, to take her back to the vet. I'm not sure what to do. I'm less sure what I can do. Actually, she is sitting on my pillow on the bed, so she is not feeling like hiding at the moment. But she is losing weight and I think she is slightly dehydrated. I can scarcely comprehend.

I noticed she was less present. I attributed that to the heat. No one wants to be around or doing much when there it is hot and there are only fans for cooling. Das kittehs find places to be comfortable and I leave them to it.

On the other hand, and not that it means much to me in the long run, but my childhood friend Darlene found her cat Nemesis after about six weeks. The kitty got out right after Dar had moved and she was pretty sure the coyotes of her Arizona neighborhood had nabbed him. But she found him! He had evidently found another home.

All this means to me is to not give up hope sometimes.

And so to bed, and tomorrow the mousey problem. One day at a time, wot?

1 comment:

  1. Miep needs a fund raiser? I'm willing to participate.....

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...