Wednesday, August 24, 2011

KEEP THE LIGHTHOUSE IN SIGHT





Yesterday the earthquake. Today a sense of dark expectation, to hurricane or not to hurricane? But the air is so soft and lovely. Although it was grey, the clouds still let through plenty of ambient sunlight so it did not feel like a gulag day. Well, except in my heart where it is gulag all the time as I worry about Miep and my immediate future.

I was a little bit self-destructive; I did not eat sensibly. On the other hand, and we're glad when Sally Anne has another hand, no?, I did get out twice. I spoke to Miep's vet, Dr. Jodi. She suggested pain medication instead of appetite stimulant. So I moseyed over for kitteh narcotics and laundry. This afternoon when I was feeling antsy and depressed, and what a bad combination that is, I decided to check B's mail and feed Timmy the Turtle.

True it was on the outing that I made some unfortunate food decisions. But they might have been worse. The church there is on 7th Avenue, but could be Mexico or something, no?

I did work on Monsterwood and on the Big Science site. I finished the book about Sigmund Freud and cocaine. I eschewed a nap.

There's just a feeling that could transmute into dread. Is there a scale of dreading? What would the other words be? Wary? Apprehensive? Anxious? And? And?







I should go make a salad and finish cleaning out the mouse crap from under the sink. Still have not seen any for a few days. 

Today's title comes from Jenny Lewis' Godspeed. It's in .aiff format so takes awhile to download. Quality, people, quality.






KE


No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...