Tuesday, August 30, 2011

JUST LEAVE NEW YORK ALONE

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. So many of you have been so loving and supportive. I try to take some comfort in your affection and the lovely notes you sent.

I had a day of some remission today. Waking up with a purring cat wrapped around my head and my check against a fat cat belly likely helped a little. I managed to get back to "work" a bit, moderating and editing (check my FB pages to see how much I posted). I took the Honda in to be serviced before I head up to Schroon Lake again. I didn't cry. I didn't take a nap.

I also didn't answer the telephone or talk very much. I suppose I am trying to extend the emotional remission by avoiding talking for the most part. I feel a precarious balance, an equilibrium of coping that I want to breathe in a little more. There's probably another crash or ten ahead. I cringe when I walk into the bathroom, the front door, or go near the bed. But sometimes there is a sleepy tabby stretching there in the sun and I don't feel quite the total loss.

So tomorrow I will hopefully get a check, pay some bills, finish my post-Irene clean-up, and try to be ready to get on the road at an early hour on Thursday (that would be before noon). It would be nice to come home to a relatively clean house and desk so that I can get moving on life again.

I admit that I am dreading the 9/11 anniversary hoopla. I just think it is a bad idea to have all those politicians and unprosecuted criminals pontificating away in the same area. Can't they have the memorial in DC or something? Leave New York alone, okay?

Then some brilliant lefties think 9/11 would be a grand time to stage a protest at Wall Street. God, no wonder the left has fallen apart. If they think that's a good day to be heard, I suppose they learned nothing from the Republican Convention a few years back. Stupidity must be contagious. I vacillate between wanting to be as far away as possible and then not wanting to go anywhere without Cooder.

Strikes me as slightly humorous that folks thought I might evacuate for Irene. Much more likely to do that for Obama+DickSatan+Dubya+Donnie+Condi+prolly Hillary+Bill. I'll rest a bit more easily when that anniversary has passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...