Friday, August 5, 2011

OUT ON THE TOWN

Sculpture at Max Fish. Kind of looked like Elvis in drag.
 Inasmuch as I like the iPhone, it does run low on the battery much more quickly than I would expect. As I was at a Career Circus (!) yesterday, and then out on the town after, thinking that my cell phone would work all day might have been naive. Bums me out a bit that I have to think about dragging the charger materials around with me. But so be it.

SC and I walked around the East Village. So many bars, so few that look inviting. I prefer a bar that is on the quiet side. And, of course, I don't expect it to be to expensive. We tried to get into Pulino's but it was a crowded noise palace when we first stopped by. SC said it felt like a Nine Inch Nails song. The hostess said it would quiet down soon. Max Fish being close by and an utterly non-SC kind of place, not to mention semi-historical and soon to be relegated to Jeremiah's Vanishing NY, we decamped in that direction. Marin County needed him some East Village funk.

I guess that overpainted, graffiti, piss-infused New York is disappearing (duh), at least on the island of Manhattan. (Billyburgh is likely another kettle of fish.) For CBGB mode on the little island, Max Fish's is still in the game.

Yadda yadda yadda. Watery drinks at Max Fish. Lots of good people watching. Wander back to Pulino's where, indeed, it is far quieter and winding down. We sat at the bar, had excellent drinks prepared by a skilled mixologist, and decided to call it a night before today would be a guaranteed disaster.

I rarely take the subway at that hour ... whatever hour it was ... 12:30 or 1:00. The subway was packed. And a whole different kind of person and vibe. It was fun. Wish I had more juice on my camera. The fellow holding the bag there was drinking out of it. Some revellers were laughing hysterically. Just kind of fun.

Off again to Connecticut for the weekend. There may be radio silence here.




1 comment:

  1. I see semi-homeless youth using outlets at the pavilion where I take exercise classes to charge their phones. Get with the program, Sally.

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...