Thursday, August 11, 2011

MENTAL GEARS GRINDING

Getting into mental gear, that was what today was about. That was after I had a snippet dream that my parents were driving an all-leather car. My brother David convinced me to get in. I was wary. And what was my dad doing alive? It was a station-wagonish car. David was excited. He wanted me to see something. It was my little brother, Carl, who I knew to be dead. He looked as he did as a little boy, with a blackened tooth, a big smile, and a desire to be pleasing. He wanted me to be happy he was there. I was uncomfortable and crying and wanted to get away. As if looking at him for too long, knowing that he was dead, would hurt in some way. Then the alarm went off again.

I worked today. I'm glad as there was a bit to do to get my "live-action producer" data-set closer to the surface of my pea brain. I have been so used to skyping and typing in my jammies for most of the the last couple of jobs, that showing up and off was a bit of an astringent. I did fine, even if I were blinking in the stress glare internally.

Also, being in the city can be so much fun. I am there so rarely, even more so in the Garment District that I saw it with fresh eyes.

I don't know if she knew I was photographing her, but it sure looks like it.

Readers.

A whole store devoted to ribbons.

Beautiful.

Deco gorgeousness.

1400.

They've closed off 6th Avenue.

Right in the middle of the street.




Old garment district New York. Love the sign.

Well-dressed tourists in the garmet district.

People did look nicer than in some areas.

Making the city livable?

Glimpse of the Empire.

Tawking.

Tired.

I am still getting emails about the job so I best go attend to them and try to get some sleep. Can't do my night owl thing tonight. And Cooder is wanting pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...