Wednesday, September 7, 2011

RAIN AND FLIGHTS OF ANGELS

I've written but not posted. I was gone gone gone. Not in a bad way, but in a vacated way, which is maybe what I needed. And I am not wholly ready to be back yet.

I miss my Miep. But having a new kitty in the house helps. We knew that it would.

I drove back with the kitteh in terrible rain. I am soooo tired of this. You know, "Saigon. Shit! I'm still only in Saigon." I still feel that way. I was not very useful today. Hopefully, I will have some energy and focus back tomorrow.

Cooder kept me up all night, wanting pets and reassurance given the presence of a new critter. I could not but oblige. Then there was some event just a few doors down at 7:30 am. I think there was a fire, but I was too spacey to really check it out. I did see at least four firetrucks and many firepersons scrambling around, much resembling bees.



Here are a few photos of the new kitteh. She doesn't hold still much.
Her current name is Emmylou Irene Patsy Cline. 'Mylou for short. This is just day one and a half. (Pronounced like Tintin's friend in French, Milou. Lots of you know him as Snowy.)

Cooder is being very good. They can now be within a foot or two of one another with no dire consequences, which is quite fast in cat land.

'mylou is part Maine coon with a huge tail and feet, fuzzy paws, ginormous whiskers, and adorably hairy ears. She has already taken Miep's place in following me into the bathroom

Miep, flights of angels sang thee to thy rest. I think of you often.

Damn if it isn't pouring again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...