Sunday, September 18, 2011

SUNDAY WITH BOOKS

Today was the Brooklyn Book Festival, which is, as we heard today, the second largest book festival in the country. Honestly, there were just too many things going on. Shockingly, at least in my case, Mart and I were up and out the door, and at the venue by 9:45. We got tickets to hear Russell Banks speak about his new book, The Lost Memory of Skin. (I got a signed first edition.)





It was a long day to be sure.

The last talk we went to featured Deborah Eisenberg, Wallace Shawn, and Fran Lebowitz. Fran was amazing. She was full of her smart, informed, and mouthy statements. The crowd first went wild when she was talking about the Republicans currently in office (I do not think this is true of everyone in the Republican party, mind you): They're morons, they're illiterate, and they're wrong.

I'm hopeful that parts of the day will be excerpted in places like youtube.

But Emmylou has been without parental supervision for hours and wants some attention. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...