Thursday, September 8, 2011

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

Well, at least there was some respite from the rain. I even went out to therapy and Trader Joe's whereupon, 'twixt the two, I soaked up some rays. I certainly do not want to do anything but sleep though. Cooder soaked up some rays in the kitchen window. Emmylou wandered about but is not at all in the chill mode.

Things are going reasonably well in the cat zone. When I came home from having a couple of glasses of wine with Betts, they both greeted me and nearly sniffed noses without hissing, growling, or spatting. Emmylou has taken to sleeping on the end of the bed. Cooder takes the pillows. For night three, I'd say we are in good shape.



I wish I could leave town this weekend, but there is nowhere I can go and take the kitties. There've been 9/11 anniversary terrorist threats, just as I imagined there would be. So much hoopla. I am glad it is raining, if only for this reason: keeps the brohahah down.

I find myself starting to read the memoirs in the New Yorker and New York Magazine and The New York Times and then remind myself I do not want to partake of all of this. I live here. It ain't a momument. And we don't need the damn attention. I think the festivities should take place in Roswell or Los Alamos. If "terrorists" want to get at Obama, Bushes, Cheney, et al., let it be in an uninhabited place.



And why New York again? Aren't there any other goddamned American cities?

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better there have been rumors not only of car bombs in NYC but also in DC!

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...