Sunday, September 25, 2011

'TWAS A MUGGY DAY

Another day. Another muggy day. Yesterday was terrible. Swamplandia.

My friend Charlie asks "Where are my crisp Autumn days???" The tree outside my window has begun to turn, clumps of brown and orange leaves amonst the green.

I am not doing too much thinking again. I'm trying to not think about my lack of financial stability and the recent loss of Miep. I miss her.

Not thinking has been aided by a little too much of the party spirit this weekend. Last night, before I wrote my "succinct" post I had been over at B's. I thought the party was going to be over at 7:00. I got home quite late and inebriated to boot. Thus, it has been a slow day. I did get some reading and job searching-ish tasks done. Not a total loss.

I need to get into bed so that I can get up and get at 'em.

Last week was a tough week for pets. Echo's canine friend passed as did Phil's dog Sophie. Tupelo is going through some more times of feeling bad. I may be taking him to the vet tomorrow.



Driving back from therapy yesterday was crazy town. Many streets were closed, for some reason there were fire trucks all over. I decided to not get frustrated by the many delays. In the Gowanus Canal section, where I had been detoured, I saw some cool things.

What could brick-oven barbeque be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...