Friday, September 16, 2011

THE DARK END?


Why oh why do song snippets drift into the brain? Is there anyone working diligently on that question? Today, Ry Cooder's version of Dark End of The Street is the featured play, layering with the idling trucks servicing the restaurants (Twelvth Street Bar and Grill and the much-detested Johnny MacK's), two bodegas, a bakery, and a Chinese Mexican take-out place (Yummy Taco, which is really neither Yummy nor do they make real tacos).

That Cooder song was a nice interlude. And speaking of Cooder, I managed to coax her out of the dining room rocking chair where she has hung out since Emmy arrived and on to the pillows on the bed, where both she and Miep used to spend a lot of time. Emmy has passed out somewhere, I guess, as I don't see her anywhere. (Oh, of course, she is nearly under my feet/chair. And now that I have made eye contact, she is on the desk.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...