Monday, September 12, 2011

AUGUST 6 - FARMHOUSE, NIGHT


FARMHOUSE, NIGHT

B and I managed to make it out of the city, only 45 minutes later than our target time. And that feels like a victory of the kind-of-on-time kind. We stopped in Brewster at the Red Rooster drive-in. B observed that it only looked like a fast food restaurant, being neither in time nor price. But it was fun anyway as Martha lives nearby. Mart, Jay, Emily, and Anna all rushed over to sit outside with us while I ate a grilled chicken breast sandwich (not bad, but too much mayo), fries (not as good as the last ones I had eaten up at Mr. P’s Mountain Smokehouse. B, Mart, Em, and I shared a chocolate malted shake while Jay told stories of the history of the area. Anna wisely abstained from all.

It sure is quiet up here.

B and I unpacked the groceries, made my bed, and shared a bottle of rose. So relaxing to chat about the insidious pervasion of the “branding” concept, literature, and the current political/economic situation. Time for bed now.

It sure is quiet up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...