Wednesday, September 21, 2011

TOMORROW NOW

So, after blog and before bed, I emptied the dishwasher, cleaned litter box, re-organized a bit of storage space, gathered paper recycling, and listened to music. Some of this energy must be due to the long-ish nap I had today. Time for benadryl and more reading.

Emmylou has learned that I most often go sit at my desk chair. She runs ahead of me to get to the chair before I can sit down. At this moment, I am perched on the edge while she rests quite comfortably over most of the chair. Cats.

Wednesday. Yes. My tooth still hurts. Tomorrow morning, the dentist. Not that I think my situation is going to get much better. Hopefully, they can come up with a triage approach that will get me out of pain until I can take better action.

Meanwhile, M commented on my last post about "why not today" that perhaps I should


take it a step further--why not now


The reason for that is simple. As a recovering ADHD person, if I start doing everything now, then nothing will ever get completed. I promise. Now. That over there. These are the things that an ADHD person sees. So keeping on even moderate tasks is a good thing.


I just walked over to the post office, thinking I should make sure to get some exercise. I got over there only to discover that I had not remembered to bring the items needing to be mailed. Oh well. I did take a bunch of photos of the neighborhood.

You don't see many cats wandering about the streets here. This tom had a big head. Ratty looking but friendly enough.

I did not know these black leafed plants existed outside of art.




It did smell like dogshit. I checked my shoes.




2 comments:

  1. I am waiting for the photo show. You have a wry eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the ADHD insights, especially from yr. adult perspective. I have enough distractability/hyperfocus myself to understand, but my daughter's another story. Drugs assist, but highschool rigors even with flexible home study program, seem to overwhelm. On the bright side, lots of terrific song-writing happens on schoolwork time, though without any interest in writing down or performing, each short-lived song's best function is as calming/centering device... Frustrating as parent to see bright kid not "succeed."

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...