Tuesday, May 24, 2011

SAIGON

"Saigon. Shit. I'm still only in Saigon."

Those are the opening words to Apocalypse Now, one of my favorite movies. When I had my first cgi job back in Los Angeles in the late 80s, MW used to walk in and say that. Waking up to the gulag weather this morning, that was the first thing that came to mind. Still the same old, well, Hell is overstating it but you probably know what I mean.

Much later.
Okay, there was some light. Yes, it was humid but there was some light to be had. Although I did not go out to the park to bask, I did go out several times and avail myself of the benefits to be had from the sun. There are supposed to be thunderstorms this evening, which are always cool, as long as you are not in a place to be struck by lightning.

Tonight was Betts' birthday dinner and lots of fun and alcohol was had by many. Mary G and I, with an important assist from Sharon did the many dishes and put away food. I was soaking wet, in another demonstration of my ability to be inefficient and sloppy. But the job was completed and every one is happy.

However, notwithstanding all the pithiness of the day which occured in my brain, I need to get to sleep so that I can get up and get meself to the volunteer thrift store gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...