Wednesday, May 18, 2011

IL PLEUT DANS LA RUE

For those of you who might feel that FB is a total waste of time, I stumbled across this quote, which I find useful for staving off some confusion and that feeling of being overwhelmed:


Hope doesn't come from calculating whether the good news is winning out over the bad. 
It's simply a choice to take action.
- Anna Lappe

Reasonable, right? Do something. Make A Move. Shuffle in a direction, even if slowly.

I am feeling better. The alcohol is out of my system and I am sleeping more easily. I am not waking up bright and early, but I "come to" relatively quickly. Today I had a bit of difficulty ramping up to looking-for-work-speed, but I did get there. And in the meantime, I worked on the ironing project (now half-finished) while watching Zorba the Greek (yikes! not for the feminists) and Hester Street (feminist approved).

The rain continues. I was caught out in it, although I was in my car and relatively dry. The rain fell so hard it was difficult to see to park.


My apologies for brevity here. I am not quite tuned for thinking and observation, but I am getting there. Meanwhile, Tina Fey's Bossypants is calling to me over in the newly-cleaned-off reading chair. Looks like it has already been occupied. The cats are reveling in the many cleaned off surfaces and largely eschew the cuddling that is their moral obligation and livelihood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...