Sunday, July 31, 2011

STAYING ON/THE COURSE

Another long, hot, summer day. The humidity rolled in and out in waves today. Or maybe I just paid attention some times more than others. The keyboard is all smudgy from sticky fingers. Or congealed sweat? I know that sounds disgusting, but I am not sure how to otherwise account for the dinge.

Although I am in a good enough mood, there is certainly more than enough shit to go around out there. If it were not seditious and treasonous, I might suggest that the US Government needs to dispense with all the current lawmakers and politicians and start the hell over. 'Tis not the nature of men, I know. All of them seem to be out of their fuckin' trees, to use the technical terms.

And so I patiently wait and wonder if I will be getting my unemployment check to pay for rent next week. I did my internet research, resume writing, and job hunting today, faithfully moving forward. Gosh. The entire nation, maybe the world is in "AA-One Day at a Time Mode." As I sit here and muse, I do not believe those folks in DC are wrangling for the greater good.

Is cynicism about American politics even possible?

I'm working on a specific oldies mix. Odd to listen to the Eagles, Bowie, Elton John ... and remember the innocence, hope, and energy I/we had as twenty-somethings.

After a day spent working, mixing, and (re)writing, I find I am rather out of thoughts. Staying on/the course is not easy/

3 comments:

  1. As you might imagine, it's been very sticky here. Managed to get to sleep last night despite neighbors doing their laundry and shouting back and forth right when I was trying to settle down to sleep. Can't retaliate because they live upstairs. Everythings rusting, molding, getting eaten by bugs. But of course there are red papayas, star fruit, guavas, often free from a friend's tree. I made the mistake of thinking I could make it through the summer w/out unemployment and now I'm suffering. next summer there probably won't BE unemployment, rate we're going. My rent is paid up for August, but September--qui sait?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, not to make y'all in hot, humid places jealous, but here, where it is usually well over 100 degrees most days at this end of summer, we've been barely into the 80s, and dry, though we almost got some rare monsoonal weather yesterday that ended up in Phoenix, as I found out when I called my brother & could barely hear him for the pounding rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reminded of a comment Lily Tomlin made, "I try to be cynical but I can't keep up!"

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...