Saturday, July 2, 2011

FIREWORKS AND RAMBLIN'

And for ye of little faith, let it be known that I have been out of town for two days and have yet to purchase a single tchotke. Larry and I even went to a local thrift joint.





That was before Sunday, when we went to Fort Ann and Whitehall. We had a fun day shopping, but by the time we were on our way home, I was pretty sure I was getting sick. Bummer. That did not stop me from eating at Mr. P's Moutain Smokehouse yesterday and today, though. What will I do when I get home.

Been reading BUtterfield 8 and that new David McCulloch book about Americans in Paris. Now standing at the candy counter writing after having been outside where I was eaten by mosquitos, again, for my ahrt. 

Trying to decide if I should wend my way home tomorrow or stay another day and get all the way better. A five hour drive alone is stressful and it seems more rest is the better part of valour.



It has been nice to be away, although I miss my kittehs, of course. Liz and Larry's dog, Jane Anne is miserable with all these explosions, ... that would be the fireworks. I'm going to miss Mr. P's too!

Not from Mr. P's, but you don't get this kind of service in Brooklyn!

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the doll. Hard to describe its Baby Jane eeriness, but it is raising the hair on the back of my neck. Perhaps it is an old childhood memory or just my amygdala acting up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the leopard print plastic dog face is pretty awesome. Something kinda creepy about it. not to cuddle with for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. great looking plate of food.
    Hope you are feeling better.

    ox

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...