Saturday, July 23, 2011

WHAT NOW

We survived yesterday's heat, but today we are adding humidity. That's where my breaking point is.

I've already been out and back, gone off to my Saturday therapy appointment and returned. My cats are nowhere to be seen. They were up with me this morning, but wherever they found coolness, they have returned. At some point, there will be rain. I imagine I will be lodged upstairs with Tupie and John in the a.c. this afternoon.

We are peeling back another layer in therapy. I have begun to tell my work history in the computer graphics/animation business that started in 1989. I remarked that yesterday I was in touch with six people I worked with from deGraf/Wahrman yesterday. We bonded in some intense, combat stress, kind of way. And then there is the like-mindedness of being media adventurers, stimulated by the possibilities of computer graphics in entertainment. Funny, none of us are rich, Jeffrey-Katzenberg kinds of characters.

And most of us are still working, struggling, aging, wondering "what now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...