Wednesday, July 20, 2011

HUNKERING DOWN FOR HELL

Blame it on the heat. I was incapacitated last night. I started sleeping and dozing off at about 7:00 pm. I woke up around 8:00 to begin some form of usefulness before the heat hits me again. This will be one of those days I hang around upstairs with Tupelo, who has a.c. Either that or hang out at the library where there is also a.c.

Later that evening.

I imagine this writing thing is going to be even more difficult as the heat and the humidity are going to increase in the next two days. I will for sure be upstairs camped out with Tupelo. I started to get caught up on a few more of my missed episodes of Friday Night Lights, Treme, and what not, but I realized I would likely be spending a fair amount of time up there in the near future.

And I started on my new ... well, it's not a job as it is not paying yet ... but my editorial/curatorial gig for Sociative/Big Science. The Sociative people have written a nice piece of software for editing. I enjoyed working with Brad (deGraf) on it. There's a possibility it will become a real job, but in the meantime, it is exposure/work experience with a version of social media/journalism and that, my friends, is cool.

My relatively good mood continues. I am sleeping okay, not eating or drinking or even spending too much. I admit I would love a big gin and tonic right about now.

Hunkering down for hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...