Tuesday, July 19, 2011

HOPE FOR THE FUTURE?

I was too miserable to do anything last night. The weather was just insanely sticky. I can't find my wallet. It was too hot to move around and do a thorough search. It's hot already this morning, but not as wet yet. For a little bit, it was actually pleasant.

So, back to reality. Being in Binghamton was interesting. That was the farthest I have been in western New York. I wonder what kind of industry there was in the town. As I understand it, the university is keeping the town alive. In general, it was not particularly affluent. And it was very quiet except for the screaming match the neighbors got into yesterday afternoon.

Okay now. Wallet found under seat of car. Car moved to Friday spot. Talc lightly applied to hands/fingers so that I can type and work. Second cup of coffee nearly drunk. I guess I am back home.

We had fun. Anna took us to a great show in the park near her home. Driftwood is definitely worth checking out. There was some good food in Binghampton. The restaurant where we drank margaritas was quite good. And the drinks were dangerously good. Martha and I were conservative, however, and drank only one and a half apiece.

Anna had friends visiting as well as her mother and myself. We sat around with them after the music and talked. They are such sweet, smart, and engaged young things, they gave us hope for the future. I wasn't sure that was even possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...