Friday, July 15, 2011

ORGANIZATIONALLY CHALLENGED

A challenging day. I was up and about and then out early (for me). I cruised over to the Upper West Side, picked-up Louise and we headed to New Jersey to say good-bye to dear Laura who is moving to Austin tomorrow morning. Actually, she is quite in the process already. Needless to say, probably, things went slower than planned for Laura. On the other hand, Louise and I worked on Monsterwood and Princess Kitten, plus getting a bit caught up, so no time was wasted. Plus, we got to eat half-price sushi at Fujiyama Mama in Westfield. And it was good.

We got caught up, hung out with a tired, exhilarated, and miles-to-go-before-she-sleeps Laura, then headed home, which took forever in traffic. And Ms. Louise is intense, so besides navigating the roads (and drivers of Jersey) I was deeply involved in Monsterwood.

Yeah, I came home and fell asleep.

And now is the challenging part. I am going to Binghamton, NY with Martha tomorrow to visit her daughter Anna. This is the first road trip Martha and I have ever taken. And we have known one another since the mid-1970s. But I am too pooped to get ready. And I haven't even done laundry since I got back from Schroon Lake. Crap. So, will I actually get up in the morning to do all the things that need doing before I jump into the car at 9:30 and head out (stopping first for therapy).


I don't trust myself. But I just might have to try again.

Does this look like a face that is interested in tuna?
Hating. Waiting.

12:14 a.m. - Reader, I staid up to do some work. Less for the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...