Saturday, July 2, 2011

NOTHIN' IN RAMBLIN'

I missed yesterday, I know. But I did take a food picture. This delicious breakfast was consumed with Brenna in Albany. A nice place called Cafe Madison. House-made bread, onion dill. The coffee was subpar, though.

Drove up to Schroon Lake after breakfast. As I was putting in my contact lenses, a blood vessel burst in my eye. I had a moment of concern, but evidently it's no big deal. I look quite patriotic with my red, white, and blue eye.

I had slept so deeply at Nate's and Brenna's, that I never really woke up. After a delicious lunch at Pitkin's and a perambulation around town, I fell into a coma for about 3.5 hours. I am not sure if Larry will let me live it down.

I did manage to wake up. The Johnny Morse Band was playing at the Timberwolf. Seven gins and tonics and some dancing later we stumbled home. I think we made it to bed around 3:00. I did not drink the seven gins and tonics, by the way. They just kept appearing in from of me.

Among the revelers was Chris, Liz and Larry's new neighbor who with his partner Shelby opened a smokehouse restaurant and a gluten-free bakery. Kill me now, Jesus. This is today's pulled pork sandwich and amazing french fries. The fries might be the best ones I have eaten. For my homies, think Lucky's fries only better.

And I will end this ramble with a poem written by a friend when he was in high school. My brother Michael is still friends with the author and says he would be embarrassed, so I will leave him anonymous.

The Fry

I don't cheat
And I don't lie
But there is nothing I wouldn't do
For a french fry.

There are two things dear
to a young man's eye:
a sweet naked girl
and a crisp golden fry.

Peace out.

3 comments:

  1. Love the poem. Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) sorry to hear about your eye! I am boarding for Austin, wishing u well, and sully sends his meows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How romantic a youth to rate succulent fry and nubile nymph same!

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...