Thursday, July 7, 2011

WHAT IT IS WHAT IT IS

Shockingly, I was up and in the car leaving Schroon Lake by 6:45. I was still not feeling well, but wanted to get back and see if I could warm up to some reality kinds of things. For those of you who don't believe I even exist at this hour, here is a road snap of my car clock. Going south, sun shining in on the clock.

Plus, the kittehs were missing from my life. This was waiting for me. (After unpacking and all.)


My not-feeling-well extends beyond the cold and many sneezes. I can't even quite describe the rest but it is some combination of back pain and maybe gut pain. After getting home and unpacked and all, I feel quite a bit better, but I don't think the problem is gone away. I'll spare you the details but I am planning to use my last $200 of safety money to go to the doctor tomorrow.  Oh right, this is why health insurance is a necessary thing, for the unexpected health issues. Hopefully, I won't need to go to the hospital or anything. Only time will tell.

I saw some cool stuff on the way down. Notwithstanding my discomfort and general malaise, I enjoyed most of the ride. I have finally figured out how to get from the Northway down and over to the Taconic via the slower but scenic route. And I am not sure it is THAT much slower. I turned around to snap these two:

Kind of wish I had used a regular lens as the blues were remarkable on their own.



It was a beautiful hot summer day for a drive. I would that I had felt better and could have meandered my way home, but I felt that turning around to get even these was pushing it. Very bright out there.

And that was one of my ruminations while I was out of town. Just that some things in life are no longer options. My elastic brain and sense of self still thinks things are possible. And how does our sense of self change once we realize that this is it. What it is what it is.

 My friend Denise C posted this on her FB feed: 

Nation Down To Last Hundred Grown-Ups

'Mature Adults Could Be Gone Within 50 Years,' Experts Say



... and I do feel that I am trying to be after a long damn time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...