Sunday, July 24, 2011

DIGITAL RAMBLIN'

The heat has broken enough for Cooder to solicit petting again. But given that has been so hot, she sheds like mad when touched. And it is still sticky enough that my hands get kinda furry. Not so pleasant. But I am happy to see her. She was MIA this morning.

Miep, on the other hand, is lolling around on the bed as if she were Victorine posing for Manet painting Olympia. No apologies there.

There's construction downstairs, and as all apartment dwellers know, with construction comes the influx of fleeing vermin. When I walked into my kitchen last night, Cooder was hunkered down by the stove where she often sits waiting for me to waft in (her words) and deign (or so she thinks) to give her some treats. There was a weird movement on the stove. I thought perhaps I had left on the flame. No. Then I thought  I was just hallucinating or something. But then a mouse scurried out from under the drying frying pans. OOoh.

Cooder was doing her duty. As opposed to Miep/Victorine who cannot be bothered with vermin-hunting.

So today I had to sanitize the kitchen counters and stove and hope that the mouse smells cat and stays away. I mean, what do we pay these cats for if not to keep the vermin away? Hmmm ... perhaps they are taking a page ... or Miep is, at least, from the politicians in Washington. Why negotiate and legislate when one can aggrandize and loll about??

At any rate, no sign of vermin so far tonight. No sign of intelligence from moi, either.

Made lemon-watermelon-gin popsicles.


1 comment:

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...