Saturday, January 29, 2011

NICE AND EASY DOES IT EVERY TIME

You know, I think they try to wean we Americans off of this idea, but relaxing is an excellent way to while away a wintry afternoon. Some prefer a day spent in nightclothes, (nightgowns highly recommended). I had the dignity and wherewithal to get dressed (after a lengthy reading session in the bath). This did not however, keep me out of bed.

As I mentioned on FB, I find that reading mysteries has similarities to having the flu. Once they are started, you just have to let them go their course. I can watch a movie, even one like Inception, over the course of a few days (forgive me Kevin Worth and Mike Wilson). I have no trouble stopping and starting. But a mystery demands my attention. Like a pizza that calls to you until it is all eaten, a mystery demands reading.

This is not very lofty thinking, I know. I did have a lovely time though. Just to laze on the bed and do nothing but curl up with the kitty and listen to music with my eyes closed. When was the last time I allowed myself that?

Take it from the Chairman of the Board.

Maybe I am learning to be nicer to myself?

2 comments:

  1. Funny thought, but maybe taking "timeout" is akin to getting sick and staying in bed. Maybe if one just stays in bed for a day on a regular basis to read books, magazines or do nothing, they wouldn't have to have the "excuse" of the flu to do it. It might actually keep you healthy. They used to call these mental health days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good part was I felt neither sick nor guilty! The pizza is eaten and the mystery has been completely read. On to the next!

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...