Wednesday, January 5, 2011

COOL YOUR JETS

Raise your hands if you like to start things, but aren't so skilled or keen on finishing them. Really. What IS up with that?

I don't mind loading the dishwasher, but I don't like unloading it. I also need to have about five books in rotation most of the time, even though I will occasionally get pulled into one and be book monogamous for awhile. I will save further musings for later, but I am pretty sure this is related to a unwillingness to be in THIS moment, and a rush to get to the next.

As an example of being in this moment, for real, is Miep chasing her tail. I think she might have found the catnip.

I really was feeling better. I managed to walk to the bank, pick up a few things at the grocery store, go to the pharmacy, pay my rent, drop off the laundry, work, and lug a big box up stairs. I think my brain is ready to go. My body, however, has a different message. That message is "Cool your jets."

And so to bed, as has been said.

1 comment:

  1. Hoping you really did cool your jets. And personally I'm a bigger fan of handling the dishes after they've been washed - putting clean ones away is much nicer to me than handling the dirty ones, scraping, unsticking, etc.

    "The Way I See It" by my new heroine is a simple yet revealing read, and I covered about half of it during my flights this holiday season. I took the time to re-read the first quarter of the book when I decided I'd like to throw together creative ideas while encountering pearls.

    Feel better soon. Sully sends his slumbering regards.

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...