Thursday, January 27, 2011

FLOATING IN THE LAND OF QUESTION AND ANSWER

It is always gratifying when you pour out your heart and what you get back is love, affection, sympathy, camaraderie, and support. So, thank you. 


I will share, anonymously, as I did not ask permission, the comments I got on my email ...


"Come back to your breath, Sally Anne, and to your feet on the ground.  Try this every time you doubt, every time you float off into the land of question and answer.  

I see myself with shopping cart as well sometimes and in the deep pit of alone-ness in a world of couples.  It feels as if living alone is so very against my nature, as if I am missing some big of chunk of soul and of life experience.  I would change that aspect of my life if I were able.  I left a really lovely paycheck back in southern California and moved here knowing that my income would be much reduced.  Although I did not realize the extent of reduction at the time, I would not resume my old career nor would I choose to leave this little Camelot of H County.  I'm learning to look at the difference between what truly feeds my life and my older ideas of how my life is supposed look.  The shifting of gears is not easy, my clutch slips. 

I've been reading some Buddhist teaching and can understand that my wanting, craving this and that is what causes my pain and my fear of this of that my anxiety.  I've even tried to put the teaching into practice, like tonight, crying in the bathtub bemoaning what I perceive to be my unmet needs I realized that I was totally engrossed in a fantasy of self pity and missing out on the sheer pleasure of a hot bath. 

Our evolution as humans, my evolution as a human, is at times a burden I feel unwilling to bear and other times it sits me down laughing. 

What Bob Marley meant was that every little thing is going to be."



Rather than continue in my musings about life today, I chose to focus on how snow transforms the world. Given that I grew up in a Mediterranean climate where the vagaries of weather are kind of flatlined, snow and other forms of real changes in environment are miraculous. I'll revel in that for awhile.


This just in. My mom said that Dr. Phil said that if you are looking for a job you should ask everyone you know. So I am starting with you. Know of any jobs?



2 comments:

  1. xoxooxox to you. thanks for posting this. I will keep my ears open for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found these quotes today and got inspired.


    Loneliness does not come from being alone, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important, said Carl Jung.

    The interesting thing is why we're so desperate for this anesthetic against loneliness, said David Foster Wallace.

    We're all in this alone, said Lily Tomlin.

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...