Tuesday, November 1, 2011

RAVING AND DREAMING


"To write is always to rave a little—even if one did once know what one meant..."
Elizabeth Bowen



Interesting dream this morning. I was driving up the Coast, west that is, to Santa Barbara and I kept falling asleep, falling drunk yet I kept driving. I couldn't see where I was going, I was blind, but I kept on driving. I tried to wake myself up only to fall asleep. I saw a wide curve coming and fought to stay awake. I found myself asleep, the car resting down an incline. Although I still was not conscious, I was going to try to drive. I backed down a driveway. The car slipped and I had a difficult time getting any forward motion. (The car had a manual transmission, of course.) I idled and spun in slow circles on the hill, looking for the momentum to gun up the hill. I kept falling asleep and fighting for focus.

And I say, things that make you go hmmmm ...

Somehow, this sounds like my current life ...


Meanwhile, Cooder is hunkering down in the cat basket for the cold weather.


1 comment:

  1. I have a reoccurring dream where I am in a room on a couch, but can't move or speak. Things go on around me, people come and go and speak of me as if I am asleep, or ignore me, and I am completely aware, but unable to do anything. What is strange is that it's as if I am also sort of invisible, and no one seems to feel the need to move me or wake me or see if I am alive. I've dreamed this every so often since I was 10 or so. At least you seem to be mobile while in what seems like a similar state.

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...