Saturday, November 19, 2011

RARELY THE EASY THING

Over coffee this morning, after I calmed down from a painfully inane email received before I got out of bed (lesson: do not read email in bed. Period.), I decided 'twas time to catch up on Penn State and see if the smoke was clearing. I came across this article from a while ago, Good Ol' Boys' Good Ol' Cowardice and this comment quite resonated ...


But the right thing to do is rarely the easy thing.


This seems to be true even in the microlevels of one's own life. The right thing is sometimes blatant, sometimes subtle. The subtle times have been the ones to extra-vex me ("extra-vex" has a nice ring...).  When your main goal is immediate comfort and survival, you cannot rely on what you usually do. That thinking that there is a cushion or a resource can get you into more trouble. Did I or did I not use those two traveller's checks that have been in my drawer for 15 years? Gone. Okay then. Def con??? 


And if not def con or misery, then what? Time for some multi-lateral thinking.


Okay, I am not sure.


But okay, I am okay.


My hand is turning black and blue where I fell on it. Hella-swollen, too. But I am okey-dokey. JV and I are going to watch Barry Lyndon


And for those of you keeping score on such matters, I have reconsidered my Emmylou anxiety and have a different approach to my frustration (her behavior and needs are just what they are ...). This morning and throughout the day, I have played with her more pro-actively and it seems to have calmed her down some. Plus, thanks to LS-T, I bought a new small toy and some new treats. 


I apologize for not editing the html here and making the typeface all purty. The html is a mess. Not my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...