Saturday, November 5, 2011

TIME, CHANGE

Ambivalence had been the keynote speaker at all of [her] internal monologues as long as she could remember. — Marissa Piesman, Alternate Sides




One of the niftier aspects of Park Slope living is the book perq. So literary are we, so many books consumed, that we leave them about on the street, in boxes, bags, on stoops, when we are done so that some other reading grazer can have a chaw.


Alternate Sides was on the corner near the F stop. I generally don't pick up mysteries because, once begun, everything else falls by the wayside. This one is very funny. Very New York-y. Many a pithy observation about aging, working, commitment, and the other Seinfeldian mysteries of life. So much for my intellectual or work reading. I think this Saturday night is going to be an early one as soon as take a nice reading bath.

And oh! did we celebrate last evening. R'ta and B came over, John came down and we toasted me (I was feeling pritty darned good about myself yestidy). I whipped together a couple of pizzas and we imbibed all that was nearby.

And we all suffered for it today. So, we move on. I did get up at 8:15 and make it into therapy, although it was a bit of a struggle. I've been reading and napping for most of the rest of the day. Cooder and Emmy joined right in.

So much for my plan to revisit Patanjali's Sutras or The Buddha's Brain that I wrote about at the beginning of this project. Besides getting an extra hour tomorrow, I am taking the train up to Rhinebeck so I'll be able to do some work along about then.

Here's another good one:


Spinach, quattro formaggi, mushrooms, turkey pepperoni. Yum.
When you've spent your childhood not having anyone notice you, being offensive wasn't something you usually felt you had to monitor for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...