Tuesday, November 15, 2011

SUNNY SIDE UP

If you would understand anything, observe its beginning and development. 
(Aristotle)


My old superior/friend Lawrence Wilkinson has this as the persistent quote on his site, (Roughly) Daily, which I do recommend for a quick dose of the curious, interesting, and stimulating. 


And I would that I had remembered that quote more directly and precisely as it is something I do and practice as much as I can. It is amazing how that can provide perspective. Greater compassion, understanding, and neutrality grow out of that perspective. 


Although it might be counter-intuitive, I have, in the rare moments of non-outrage, wondered how this Sandusky fellow, and the people around him, came to be so inhumane and predatory (if the allegations prove to be true). I cower and sit in awe at the powers of denial that now manifest. It is hard to imagine how ALL OF THOSE allegations could be false, as Sandusky seems to be saying. (I will admit that I cannot listen to his interview yet. I need to make time to collapse or take a sleeping pill afterwards.)


Heaval ... is up these days. I have not gotten entirely up to date on Occupy Wall Street, but I imagine there will be time. So emotional these days. But I am generally coming around to Sunny Side Up. I got a small small small gig today. I saw an old friend. I cleaned out the litter box. See, progress!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for small gigs! Yay for litter box cleaning! Yay for old friends! From an old friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, for progress, and nothing wrong with little stuff. Quite a bit of that myself. & cats thank you, old friends too (you didn't count writing). "...So grab your coat & get your hat, leave worries by the door-side...& get yourself, to the sunny side of the street!"

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...