Wednesday, November 9, 2011

THE NOT-SO-GOOD, FRUSTRATING DAY

... The gaps I mean,
No one has seen them made or heard them made, ...
— Robert Frost, Mending Wall






By the belly of Cosmo ...
Right. The gaps or wounds in our lives that even our close friends do not really know are within us, much less the stories of how they got there. One of my regular commenters revealed something to me recently that so startled and dismayed me ...

Wow. Dismay hardly covers it. And I am too ... well ... dismayed to find another word.

I have been mostly at this desk all the live-long day (Emmy is sharing the chair and picking at my jeans for some reason ... which is at least making me laugh). I spent a fair amount of time trying to troubleshoot some minor IT problems and they still aren't fixed. Sigh. It's just frustrating. I suppose it would be frustrating even if I knew more.


Yeah, and today I felt the stress of no money, no job more than other days. I did not even go outside today. Likely a little more moving around will do something to improve my mood. That's probably a better use of my time than pondering the mysteries of why Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead has chosen  Yosemite Sam as his style model.

Am I right or what? I guess that will long be one of life's eternal questions. If anyone has any information or even amusing conjectures, I am all ears. I mean, he was by far the cutest dude in the Dead. Looks as if he still has most of his hair. Has an okay chin and all. Is it just the tired-of-shaving thing?

Oh well, there'll be days like this, even if Momma didn't say. And I can take some trazadone, a hot bath, be asleep by midnight, and ready for a better day tomorrow. (Emmy gets very upset when I take a bath.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...