Monday, November 7, 2011

BACK TO TEXT

 Cosmo slept in today. Both Louise and i were wondering about him. While Louise was on a conference call, I found him sleeping the day away.

Louise made bread.


We took a walk. I didn't take many pictures. Here are the dead tomatoes (cousin Dan reminds that these are tomatillos not tomatoes)  from the garden ...



Per usual, we came up with a couple of new ideas, did some work, and worked on our comparative cinema project of Jane Eyre. I am fairly, well, I don't like the word obsessed, with adaptations of literary works. Jane Eyre has been made a hellabuncha times in the last 20 years: Jane Eyre/IMDB. One might think that none of the filmmakers had read the book as each seemed more based on the conventions of previous versions than the actual text. And the original is quite different. 

Caveat emptor, Jane Eyre watchers! Get thee to a library.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...