Friday, November 18, 2011

BAD DAY AT PARK SLOPE

With the money crunch getting louder, maybe to snap and pop stages... or should that be pop and snap? ... keeping any sort of cheer or positive spin is ever more challenging.

I came home from book group, unable to find a Tuesday parking spot, truthfully not an unusual occurrence for a Thursday evening, but grouchier than ever. I came upstairs and began to write:

Remember that old Donovan song, Happiness Runs? Today, crabiness runs. I should have warned folks to put on a hazmat suit before they approached me.

I decided just to call it a night.

Today, I headed out to move said car and did a full body plant on the sidewalk. My left foot didn't clear the kerb. Result: lacerations and sprained fingers. Hard to type. Good news: no broken bones, glasses, or iPhone. The remaining pair of wearable jeans that I currently own did not get damaged. I remembered to relax and roll with it. See how much positive spin I am trying to apply.

I'll admit it is damn difficult to stay out of bed. I am not going to place désespoir quite yet, but I can hear the music from that cafe (Nick Cave?). I am having a tough time not crying and crying. Other than maybe making me feel a bit better, however, I don't think it will help. Deep breaths.

But it is bad enough that I am considering getting rid of Emmylou. She has too much energy and needs too much attention for me and Cooder. Another kitten or young cat might be a solution, but I cannot afford the two I have. Is getting rid of her like suicide, a long-term solution to a short-term problem. I am afraid that I will lose my temper with her unexpectedly clawing my ass or attacking Cooder and actually hurt her. 

Breathe deeply.  

Keep calm and carry on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...