Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A GIFT, TOO


Like any other gift, the gift of grace can be yours only if you'll reach out and take it.  Maybe being able to reach out and take it is a gift too.
Frederick Buechner


I can't speak for possessing any grace myself. But I can speak for the grace and goodness of a few folks who have reached out to support me. I still have no ability to articulate how even apprehending and accepting the good graciousness opens a vulnerability in me. Acts of kindness can stop something, maybe even time, for a few beats. And if vulnerability lends or leads to an opening of the heart or spirit, then the receiver and the giver are equally blessed, united in a gesture of kindness and the gratefulness and deep appreciation of a sweet connectedness. 

A holiness, if you will. The cynics among you can wait for the sarcasm and despair to take over this narrative. 

I am embracing you all in thanksgiving. Thank you for coming along. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...