Saturday, November 12, 2011

THE MYSTERY OF WHAT IS NEXT




Fresh mozzarella on whole wheat sourdough on vintage Fiesta.






Sometimes, I stay hunkered down at my desk, only walking through the rest of the apartment for running water, not stopping to live in the rest of space. I don't pay too much attention to my belongings, the objects I am electing to live with. Since Debee cleaned off my dining room table, i am trying to spend more time in this room. There is far more sunlight in the morning, and it tends to be quieter as well (unless the people on 12th are out barking their beagle). 


I mention this because I have a little stack on books on my table for knitting. I have lots of crafts books and, although I rarely get around to making anything, I do love to look through them and think about what I might do. I am trying to figure out next steps. I have never been much of a planner for myself, only when I am paid to do it for others.


Cooking has been one of my favorite pasttimes in the past ... I can't really afford much these days so I don't look for things to create. Having Emmylou constantly directly underfoot also dissuades me from spending much time in the kitchen. But, to move back to my topic, I pulled out a bunch of cookbooks last evening to see what I could come up with for spaghetti with clam sauce ... And I did ever so enjoy paging through and reading Marcella Hazan. ... And remembering what how much I enjoyed thinking about cooking.


All this to say, I am remembering the "other rooms" of myself. I've squatted, in a couple senses of the word, into worrying about jobs and money, and spending all my time in front of my desktop computer in a room without enough light and air. It is time to widen my perspective, even within my usual confines, enjoy what I do have and who I am, while I solve the mystery of what is next.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...