Friday, November 18, 2011

BONE OF A BETTER LIFE


Everything worth having requires a sacrifice, that's true. And then once you get it, it changes. And then you change. Nothing you can do about that.
— Rosanne Cash, Bodies of Water

I am not so sure about this. Of course, at this point, I am not very sure about anything at all. Well, a few things. I have some sweet support from places I least expected it ... this would be a shout-out for LS-T out there in Hawaii who struggles on her own, but shared with me. And my niece Karen for the new sheets. Just sayin', these things help a lot, even if they don't solve the bigger problem.

I am thinking about sacrifice and what it will take to get down to the bone of a better life. Being poor does require quite a bit of management and ingenuity. It may be that life requires it, but when you are comfortable, it is quite easy to "not sweat the small stuff". When resources are slim, there is no "small stuff." Existence is juggling an unpleasant puzzle.

But maybe I am at a better life? Just add meat and money? Some honey wouldn't hurt either. I do like working from/at home, writing, blogging, snorkeling and snarking around the internet. As that Francis Bacon quote intimated the other day, when you are a discoverer, it can be difficult to keep hope and the spirit of adventure alive.

I don't know where the day went. My finger feels like hell. I need to play a bit with Emmylou before I call it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...