Monday, October 31, 2011

THE FAIRY GODMOTHER TRAP

Could it be that my good mood is finally eroding? I hope not, I hope that I am just tired and that I will wake up ready for the fight again. I woke up before my alarm went off this morning at the respectable hour of 7:30 am. After some drowsing, I got up to get cracking.

I am still examining what put me off track and pissed me off. I have a bit of a "fairy godmother" problem. No, I don't have one, although DZ has blessed with some special job karma from time to time. I do like to help others. That can lead to relationships that don't benefit me as much as I think they should. Having not negotiated that upfront, that too can lead to complications when I feel as if I am owed something. Or that I am more committed than I want to be. Or that I feel trapped.

What makes a Fairy Godmother in terms of an archetype?
The Fairy Godmother and Fairy Godfather archetypes are closely related to the Angel archetype in that they generally have loving, nurturing qualities and a tendency to help those in need, either anonymously or with no expectation of any return.  While their natures can be maternal, they don’t necessarily have children of their own but often serve as foster parents or guides to others.  Some other tell-tale characteristics are:
  • Enjoy throwing parties, dressing up and helping others to have a good time
  • Provide make-overs and ways people can feel better about themselves
  • They can see the potential in something or someone and can help bring that to life
  • Excellent gift-givers (and many times anonymously)
  • Adopts or otherwise takes on a protégé (or several)
  • Has unbridled support of one’s growth and achievement
  • The FGM/FGF might grant a wish or two but nearly always teach how we have magic of our own
  • The ability to see the best in someone but also administer a stern word or two if necessary
  • Tends to be smart, knowing, wise and slightly aloof
  • Often portrayed as eccentric or quirky if not down right odd
As with any archetype, the expression is up to the individual, so not all of these characteristics will be the same person to person. (http://archetypist.com/2010/03/25/ofgm-original-fairy-godmother/)
In the at least one fairy tale, the fairy godmother gets mad when she aids a marriage and then doesn't get invited to the wedding. I should say so.

Gosh, and I was standing in the kitchen tonight thinking about the many times I have been in compromised living or financial situations (homeless and broke? not quite). That's just another thing to seek a pattern in, to muse upon.

Meanwhile, on a more positive note, Louise and I made good progress. This is hard stuff and we each have our challenges about promoting ourselves in the world. Hopefully, our combined efforts will be too formidible for the universe to ignore.

Halloween color.

Waldo?


Cosmo in a quieter moment.

Cosmo adds to the decor.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...