Tuesday, October 25, 2011

DOWN TO THE BONE


No philosophy today either. I struggled with focus all day. Things were accomplished but I felt as if I were running or striving to stay ahead.

I'm making progress in the job hunt and all. I come up with a new idea for a movie or a tv show about every day, so the wheels there are turning.

But various friends of mine are having various problems. L who lost her 19-year old kitty last summer replaced him with two Java sparrows as her apartment does not allow cats or dogs. One of the birds flew away while she was cleaning the cage. Maybe not a tragedy, but another loss is another loss.

And a close friend who has a terribly compromised immune system is losing a finger due to a cut that would not heal (why did I write "feel" the first time and not even notice?). The infection got down to the bone. She's such a fighter and has a very difficult life. After all that, like so many of us, we have no one to take care of us. We aren't exactly alone, but we're not exactly cared for either.

So, I'll spare you the rest of the Barbara Bummer riffs and just go to bed.

Here's what I woke up to




Kind of scary, right? Speaking of scary, Halloween is everywhere.







Kent and Mary at the Double Windsor last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...