Monday, October 10, 2011

ANOTHER MONDAY ... NOT SO MANIC

11:30 am (and I have been up and at the computer for two hours already).

It is a little hard to know what to do and what to think when you are at my particular stage of precariousness. No income. No job. No direction? (More like too many.) Not young. Bad economy. Personal debt. No savings. Nada. Zilch. Rien de tout.

Well, that is not entirely true. I do have stuff. Not much of much value, but lots of stuff. 

I also seem to have my good mood around. I am neither depressed nor despairing. I cannot say what is up with that, given my prediliction for the dark side.

I try to keep my bliss ninny-isms at a minimum. But I cannot but feel some synchronicity or something that, at the same moment as I reach the nadir, the script for Monsterwood is finished. So, some good to come? A deus-ex-machina in disguise? I try not to speculate, plan, or hope. Just keep it all moving.

Another thought about Steve Jobs.

Was chatting with my young friend Laura about Steve. Laura is in the next generation of digerati, being an excellent digital animator. She mentioned being surprised at how sad she was at Steve's death. She also observed that she could not imagine feeling so bereft at the loss of Bill Gates, notwithstanding his clear contributions to world philanthropy.

I suggested that Jobs was more sympathetic because he was more human. And that he did good by being good. That he actually cared that his products were well-designed to do the things that the were designed to do. And that he actually gave consumers quality. Because he thought that they and the world deserved quality.

His example was "we can do more and we can do better." And he did. That was plenty of philanthropy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...