Tuesday, October 11, 2011

GRUMPY CRANK

I had a reasonably productive day. But I am just a bit down this evening. I am not in the mood for reflection or reporting. Maybe it was not getting a nap.

I did try to nap but there was some hubbub outside for quite a long time. A school bus and two emergency vehicles idled for many many minutes, and even through the closed window, I could not sleep. Perhaps that low drone kept me agitated. And after they left, a Fresh Direct truck parked nearby, with its refrigeration running as usual.

I can hear the barflies yarbling and smoking outside, getting their last "licks" in before the cold weather sets in and they can't comfortably sit outside.

Now, doesn't this all sound like a grumpy crank who would better serve the world by crawling into bed for a good night's sleep? I thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...