Friday, October 28, 2011

CARPE DIEM CLAW

What I need, what others need is a carpe diem pill! A morning dose of caffeine certainly helps but sheesh! in my case, I have to get out of bed, walk through the apartment, grind the beans, find the stovetop espresso maker blah blah blah ... and then wait. And then do it again, because the first cup I barely registers. And even coffee doesn't make me joyous and enthused about gettin' stuff done and movin' on up. And even inasmuch as I love coffee, the morning ritual drink is not as enticing as being surrounded in down and good sheets with a ticked tabby's fat belly up against your cheek and a silky striped kitteh's head asleep in your hand. That's like heroin to me, it cannot miss a vein.

Later that same day.

Wow. I just took a down-the-rabbit-hole kind of nap. Morpheus just grabbed me and took me far away. I slept for four hours solid. Many people would not call that a nap at all, but jeez maybe a whole night's sleep or something.

I'm going out for a drink with the Martha from Montreal who wandered up to Larry outside Flanagan's in Schroon Lake at 11:30 at night, needing a place to stay the night before she headed on down to Billyburg. Mom, Debee, and I had a rollicking dinner with her just before they went home. And now, about a month later, Martha heads back to Montreal and thence, I believe to New Zealand for two months. Details to follow.

No question that I am the "seeds and stems again" moment as I spent my last safety money. I had two traveller's checks from the last time I went abroad ... 1995, sadly ... that were my emergency funds. I went to Chase today to cover a small overdraft and get change so that I could sell at Iris' flea market in Queens on Sunday.

Now it is Saturday.

Jininey Xmas! I had such a great time with Martha, even if we did drink at the enemy bar across the street. Lovely lovely time.

Meanwhile, Emmy is climbing up my leg for attention, so I am afraid I will have to leave you to attend to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...