Friday, October 21, 2011

AH, CLERMONT

Look, I have no reason in this exact moment to complain. I am in a wonderful wonderful house in Rhinebeck. Louise and Erik are beyond gracious and welcoming, Erik going so far as to make killer daquiris, hand-squeezing the limes himself. And after two and some wine, I am still fairly conscious.

Louise and I worked hard today on life issues as well as Monsterwood. 'Tis a thing remarkable to come to any clarity on subterranean issues, even as it might be uncomfortable. Resolutions and actions are still to be reached, but insight and articulation have progressed.

We went to about my favorite place along the Hudson, Clermont, one of the oldest homes in the Valley.

Back of Clermont.

Clermont view of Hudson and Catskills.

Another view of Hudson from Clermont.

Grounds at Clermont.

Looking south.

Betts showed Clermont to me the first year I lived in New York. It is one of my spiritual places however I don't visit it all that often.

So, no progress on some immediate material issues, but great progress on spiritual, emotional, and creative issues. 

At this point, in this creepy lifetime where we find ourselves, that is something to be pleased about.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...